“Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.”
Today February 8 is my favorite actor James Dean‘s birthday. He was one of the best actors for me. Dean became iconic , every boy want to be him and every girl want him.. He is a legend and personally for me he is best male actor.
Dean was born in Marion, Indiana, USA. After grade school, he moved to New York to pursue his dream of acting. With a few roles dean achieve huge success. On 30 September 1955, he was tragically killed in a car accident in Cholame, California, USA. The death of James dean was huge loss.
“If a man can bridge the gap between life and death, if he can live on after he’s dead, then maybe he was a great man. ”
He starred in the film adaptation of the John Steinbeck novel East of Eden, for which he received an Oscar nomination. His next starring role, in Rebel Without a Cause, made him into the embodiment of his generation. Shortly after completing work on the film Giant, Dean was killed in a car crash and quickly became an enduring film icon.
“The only greatness for man is immortality. ”
- Dean once said, “Being a good actor isn’t easy. Being a man is even harder. I want to be both before I’m done.”
- While filming Rebel Without a Cause, Dean’s director, Nicholas Ray, 44, had an affair with his costar, Natalie Wood, who was 16. Also, Sal Mineo, a closet homosexual who played the role of John “Plato” Crawford, was hopelessly in love with Dean.
- As a child, Dean would disassemble and then reassemble his bicycle over and over again.
- Before he was famous, Dean would sleep in his car if he couldn’t afford rent, and go on dates with gay men to get a free meal.
- Dean died before the release of his most well-known film, Rebel Without a Cause.
- While shooting Giant, Dean wore the same shirt for two weeks straight without washing it.
- In high school, Dean was a champion pole vaulter.
- More men than women have claimed to have slept with Dean.
- Dean claimed his middle name, “Byron,” came from the Romantic Poet, Lord Byron.
- Dean was the first to receive a posthumous Oscar nomination for Best Actor.
- Dean’s role model was Marlon Brando.
- In high school, Dean was a star basketball player.
- One of Dean’s favorite instruments to play was the bongo drums.
- In all three of Dean’s major films, he played characters with monosyllabic names: Cal Trask, Jim Stark, Jett Rink.
- A friend of Dean’s, David Diamond, once said Dean was the “loneliest person I ever knew.”