“If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Paris capital of France well known as city of love. i’d like to call it world of fashion. Everyone wants to go to Paris its a fact! What makes it so special?! Well, maybe the collaboration of the Eiffel tower, Louvre, DA Vinci, modernism, fabulous shops, smell of perfume, macaroni and french boys – give it a special view. Beyond its modern looks the city has huge culture and history, and it keeps both parts that what makes Paris so special.
“Paris is the only city in the world where starving to death is still considered an art.”
- By law, no buildings can exceed six stories in Paris. The reason? Pour que tout Le monde ait du soleil (so that all have sunshine).
- There are more dogs in Paris than there are children, around 300,000 dogs.
- In the 1930s, the idiosyncratic residents of Île St-Louis, located in the very center of Paris, declared the island an independent republic
- The French capital’s Latin motto is “Fluctuat nec mergitur” meaning “It is tossed by the waves, but does not sink.”
- The Eiffel Tower was only meant to stand for 20 years
- In front of Notre Dame is “Point Zero” (a round bronze plaque in the pavement) where all distance miles in France are measured from Paris. People place their toe on it, and revolve around it 360 degrees. It is a tradition to do this.
- Name of the first tribe living there : the “parisii”, thousands of years ago
- There are over 5,400 streets in Paris.
- There used to have a first class and second class in the metro and you had to hand your ticket to a poinçonneur. The first class wagons were yellow and the second ones, light blue.
- In the same cemetery, you will find the graves of Jim Morrisson, Sarah Bernhardt or Oscar Wilde.
- No, Paris is not called the City of Lights due to the light put out from the Eiffel Tower every evening. It referrers to the intellectual residents which made Paris a world-renowned center, drawing other artists, writers and sculptors.
- A Buddhist temple is located in the Bois de Vincennes, near the Colonial Exhibition building in 1931. But Catholicism stays the main religion in France.
- The dog dejections are considered the main pollution of Paris, with 16 tons a day. About 650 accidents – leading to emergency- a year, happen because of this dejections
- The Eiffel tower has 18,038 pieces of iron.